10/20/13

Cotton Candy layout


Hello! It's Riikka here with my very first DT project! I'm so excited!
Cześć! Z tej strony Riikka z pierwszą pracą w ramach DT! Jestem bardzo podekscytowana!

As the title of the post suggests, the topic of this layout is cotton candy. We visited an amusement park this summer and my girls got their first taste of cotton candy there. They both kind of liked it, but hated when it messed their hands and left their fingers all sticky. 
Tak jak sugeruje tytuł notki, tematem mojego skrapa jest wata cukrowa. Tego lata odwiedziliśmy wesołe miasteczko i moje córeczki próbowały waty cukrowej pierwszy raz. Obie w pewien sposób ja polubiły ale nei były zachwycone upaćkanymi dłońmi i klejacymi się paluszkami.

I wanted to do a fun, happy layout and chose the colors from the photos - actually from my younger one's shirt. I used "Funky Flowers" stamp to make a bit texture to the background. I first spread some gesso on top of the patterned paper and the strips of tape and while the paint was still wet, I stamped the flowers across it. After drying the gesso with a heatgun I then misted the turquoise in and the patterns became more visible.
Moim celem było zrobienie zabawnego, wesołego skrapa z kolorami dopasowanymi do zdjęć - konkretnie do bluzki młodszej córki. Użyłam tutaj stempla - kwiatów "Funky flowers" to nadania odrobiny tekstury w tle. Najpierw nałożyłam trochę gesso i pasków taśmy na wzorzystym papierze i jeszcze mokre gesso stemplowałam właśnie kwiatowymi stemplami. Po wysuszeniu gesso, spryskąłam je mgiełką, co uwydatniło stemplowane motywy.  

The stars seemed to fit this layout nicely so I used them both on the background and made little embellishments from them also. I stamped the image to yellow card stock and then cut the images out and adhered them to the layout with foam squares. I also drew a sunburst pattern to the bakcground using the radial frame chipboard as a stencil.
Gwiazdkowe stemple bardzo fajnie wpasowują się w skrap, użyłam obu w tle oraz jako wycięte z innego papieru elementy: właśnie te żółte elementy podkleiłam piankowymi kwadracikami. Tekturkę "radial" użyłam jako maskę, od której odrysowałam promienie. 

The amusement park had many colorful lights and I imitated them in my layout using the lightbulb chipboards and stamp. I stamped the little lamps with different colors matching the over all color scheme and glued them on top of a piece of string.
W wesołym miasteczku było wiele kolorowych światełek, więc nawiązałam do nich używając żarówek stemplowanych na pasujących tekturkach.
Thank you for looking! Please scroll down for additional detail pictures and materials! 
 Dzięki za uwagę! Poniżej znajdziecie więcej detali i listę materiałów!



Products used: Użyte produkty:

     

3 comments:

  1. Wow Riikka! Your layout is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOOOOOOOORAY SUCCESS!! Great first post. I love blues of all kinds.. gorgeous!! so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I especially love the stars and the little lamps, and the colour turquoise, my favourite!

    ReplyDelete